You can take advantage of targeted cancer, musculoskeletal and diabetes condition intervention.
Cancer Support Resources
AccessHope’s oncology experts provide support for members with cancer. AccessHope cancer support services connect you to expertise at City of Hope, a renowned comprehensive cancer center, and include:
- A Cancer Support Line - A dedicated phone line answered by experienced oncology nurses who can help at every stage of your cancer journey.
- Expert Advisory Review - A physician from AccessHope, who specializes in your type of cancer, will review your diagnosis and treatment plan and work directly with your local doctor to provide a recommendation regarding the planned treatment or recommend a new treatment plan, if needed.
Through these resources, a member will have access to precision medicine and complex cancer expertise, including access to expertise on the latest available therapies and treatment options.
Musculoskeletal Condition Resources
Physera offers individualized physical therapy, guided by a live, dedicated physical therapist, through your smartphone whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
- Recover with a personalized plan and ongoing guidance.
- Get direct access to a dedicated, licensed physical therapist.
- Save time by not having to travel to and from in-office visits.
- Pay nothing for physical therapy for you and your family.
Diabetes Condition Resources
You have access to two diabetes programs, offered through Omada and Virta. 1) prevention for prediabetes and other obesity-related risks through Omada and 2) type 2 diabetes reversal through Virta.
Omada is a prevention program for those with prediabetes and other obesity-related risks. You must be at least 18 years of age or older and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) equal to or greater than 25 to participate. The program helps you lose weight, build healthy habits and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Omada is a personalized digital program for people with risk factors for certain chronic diseases. It’s designed to help you reach your health goals, one step at a time.
- You’ll learn how to apply meaningful changes around eating, activity, sleep and stress, and then focus on sustaining those behaviors for a year and beyond.
- Omada takes a holistic approach to your health, rooted in behavior change, that addresses specific needs. They provide the right personalized content, devices and coaching for you, leveraging the ongoing relationship and knowledge of health history to deliver support that’s highly tailored.
- You will be asked to complete a 1-minute risk screener. If you’re at risk for an obesity-related chronic disease, you’re eligible for the program at no cost to you and can apply on the spot.
- Weight is the largest modifiable risk factor when it comes to chronic disease prevention and is part of the inclusion criteria for participation in the Omada program. While Omada's prevention program (and the CDC's Diabetes Prevention Program) focuses on a healthy lifestyle to reduce risk factors, there is a component that focuses on weight loss and weight management. For this reason, in order to be eligible for Omada, an individual must have a BMI equal to or greater than 25.
Virta is a clinically proven type 2 diabetes reversal treatment that can help you get off your diabetes medication, lose weight and reduce your blood sugar and A1c. When you are on Virta you get:
- Medical supervision from a physician-lead care team
- Unlimited 1:1 health coaching
- Diabetes testing supplies like meters, strips and more delivered right to your door
- Mobile app for tracking biomarkers like weight, ketones and glucose
- A wide variety of curated resources, like recipes, food lists and meal plans
- Nutrition education program, including videos, games and guides
- Access to a private online patient community
Sysco covers 100% of the cost of Virta, for all associates and dependents enrolled in a Sysco-sponsored national medical plan with type 2 diabetes.
To learn more about these specialty health resources, check out the FAQs.